INVESTING IN ETHIOPIA – OVERVIEW
Ethiopia is a diverse, vibrant country that has already achieved macro-economic stability and stands poised for expanded economic growth.
Ethiopia has experienced double digit growth since 2003 and is projected to continue that growth for another two decades. The Ethiopian government has demonstrated a strong commitment to the private sector, which has helped paved the way for the country’s remarkable economic progress. The exchange rate in Ethiopia is stable, and working and living environments are safe and secure.
There are numerous, excellent reasons to invest in Ethiopia. For more background information, check out the Ethiopian Investment Commission.
- General Investment Laws
- Investment Proclamation 1180/2020 (PDF, 1.2 MB)
- Investment Regulation No. 474/2020 (PDF, 3.1 MB)
- Investment Regulation 270/2012 (PDF, 4 MB)
- Investment Regulation of 2014 – Amendment (PDF, 1.1 MB)
- Investment Areas Reserved for Domestic Investors of 2012
- Industrial Park’s Legal Framework
- Industrial Parks Proclamation No 886/2015 (PDF, 4.2 MB)
- Industrial Parks Regulation No 417/2017 (PDF, 14.4 MB)
- Regulation No 313/2014 to the Establishment of EIC and EIB (PDF, 649 KB)
- OSS service procedures in case of Bole Lemi Industrial Park (PDF, 500 KB)
- Relevant Directives
- FXD 47-2017 Directive on external loan and suppliers credit
- Directive on retention and utilization of export earnings and inward remittances
If you are interested in doing business in Ethiopia or would like more information, please contact Consulate General of Ethiopia in Minnesota-Midwest with following address.
2550 University Avenue W, suite #314 Saint Paul, MN 55114
Office Tel. number: 952-297-8645
Email: email@example.com or Info@ethioconsulatemn.org
Individuals of Ethiopian origin can get information on how to open an Ethiopian Bank Account, learn more about duty-free requirements for investors or find out how to get an Ethiopian Origin ID Card/ Yellow Card.